We all LOVE pumpkin pie and thanksgiving just wouldn’t be the same without it. Did you know that pumpkin is a rich rouse of nutrients and antioxidants that give your skin a healthy glow. Pumpkin has been used in spa treatments and products for ages. You will find it in moisturizers, wraps and even facials. Fresh and cooked pumpkin is chock full of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, potassium, alpha-carotene, zinc, beta carotene, and lutein.
We found this great DIY facial recipe from “She Knows” that we are dying to try out with our thanksgiving pumpkin left overs.
What you’ll need:
- Pureed, cooked fresh or canned pumpkin
- Unflavored yogurt
- Ground almonds
- Olive oil
- Start by mixing 2 cups of pureed, cooked fresh or canned pumpkin.
- Add 4 tablespoons unflavored yogurt, 4 tablespoons honey, 1/3 cup ground almonds, 1/4 teaspoon olive oil.
- Mix and apply to clean, moist skin.
- The enzymes are more active when moist, so sit in a warm tub or shower for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove with a clean washcloth.
- Apply moisturizer and enjoy soft clean skin!
- Cover the rest of the mixture and use within a week.