In an attempt to expand its customer base Holt Renfrew plans to launch a new chain early in 2013 called hr2. Hr2 will open its first location at the Quartier DIX30 mall in Brossard, Quebec. Luxury designer products from womenswear, menswear and accessories will be sold for a fraction of the price and won’t overlap with those sold at Holt Renfrew. “It’s a completely new opportunity for us to grow,” said Heather Arts, a vice-president at Holt who heads hr2. “There’s definitely a void in the market. … It’s really going after another customer.
We think these monster cupcakes from Sandra Lee on food network are to DIE for!
- 2 cans white frosting
- Green food coloring
- 1 dozen favorite flavor store-bought un-iced cupcakes
- Pastry bag or resealable plastic bag
- No. 7 round pastry tip
- 12 green apple gummy rings or green fruit jells
- 24 brown chocolate coated candies (recommended: M and M’s)
- Cashew nuts
In a bowl mix together the icing with the green food coloring until desired “monster green” is reached. Put the frosting in a pastry bag or resealable plastic bag fitted with pastry tip. Pipe a haphazard squiggle pattern on top of the cupcake until completely covered and slightly mounded. Put a green gummy ring on top. Create eyes for the monster by putting 2 brown coated candies into the center of the green gummy candy. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
Use cashew nuts to create horns by inserting them into the frosting behind the eyes with the smaller side facing up. Repeat with remaining cupcakes. Arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter and serve.
Paint is a great way to transform your space. Make a huge impact with minimal cost. Instead of going with a traditional white wash or dark stained floor why not brighten up your space with a bit of color. This can be an intimidating job so we suggest you try a smaller space like a front hall or foyer to begin with.
Yup – there is no doubt about it. It’s time to bundle up. Fall accessories almost make up for the fact that winter is approaching. If you are like me then you can’t have too many scarves in your closet. This season we are all about muted neutrals. Here are favorite budget friendly additions for this season.
Happy Scarf - The Dancing Swan $24
Forever 21 - Crinkled Checker Scarf $10
Forever 21 - Leopard Knit Scarf $12
Happy Scarf - Tree of Life Beige $24
From deep and tight to loose swept bangs the side part is everywhere at the moment and its the easiest of trends to take on! From the runways to the celebrities this look is open to interpretation
We all know Martha Stewart is pretty much a genius when it comes to the home. That is why I turned to her when I was looking for a pulled pork recipe. Of course she did not disappoint. For a succulent pulled pork sandwich give this recipe a try.
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 soft sandwich rolls, split
- Store-bought barbecue sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in lower and upper positions. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cayenne, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Place pork in a 5-quart Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed pot; rub with spice mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, and 1/2 cup water; pour over pork. Cover pot, and place in oven on lower rack. Bake until pork is very tender and separates easily when pulled with a fork, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Transfer pork to a work surface, reserving pan juices. With two forks, shred meat. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with pan juices to moisten (you may not need all the juices). Pile pork on rolls, and top with barbecue sauce, if desired.
Lisa Hoffman from Lisa Hoffman Jewelry is changing how we wear our perfume. Have you ever wanted to take off your perfume at the drop of a hat. Maybe you are walking into a doctors office or on to an airplane and you want to be mindful of those around you. Well you now you don’t have to spend the day scent free because of one appointment.
Lisa’s line of fragrance jewelry consists of necklaces, earrings, bracelets that all come with with refillable fragrance beads so you can easily refresh the scent in your charm. It’s perfume, they just reinvented the packaging. The fragrance beads are eco-friendly and made from the highest standard of pure perfume
How do you choose which fragrance beads to put in your charm? Iscentify is the unique scent finder that determines your scent based on your inputted preferences. Think pandora (the music app) but for perfume.
The temps are cooling down but fall fashion is heating up. Here are our fav fall boots under $100.
ZARA ANTIK LEATHER FLAT ANKLE BOOT $89
ZARA COWBOY ANKLE BOOT $80
Designer Shoe Warehouse White Mountain Chariot Riding Boot $60
ASOS ADELAIDE Leather Chelsea Ankle Boots With Pointed Toe $80
We all LOVE pumpkin pie and thanksgiving just wouldn’t be the same without it. Did you know that pumpkin is a rich rouse of nutrients and antioxidants that give your skin a healthy glow. Pumpkin has been used in spa treatments and products for ages. You will find it in moisturizers, wraps and even facials. Fresh and cooked pumpkin is chock full of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, potassium, alpha-carotene, zinc, beta carotene, and lutein.
We found this great DIY facial recipe from “She Knows” that we are dying to try out with our thanksgiving pumpkin left overs.
What you’ll need:
- Pureed, cooked fresh or canned pumpkin
- Unflavored yogurt
- Ground almonds
- Olive oil
- Start by mixing 2 cups of pureed, cooked fresh or canned pumpkin.
- Add 4 tablespoons unflavored yogurt, 4 tablespoons honey, 1/3 cup ground almonds, 1/4 teaspoon olive oil.
- Mix and apply to clean, moist skin.
- The enzymes are more active when moist, so sit in a warm tub or shower for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove with a clean washcloth.
- Apply moisturizer and enjoy soft clean skin!
- Cover the rest of the mixture and use within a week.