Welcome spring into your home with these simple DIY bird feeders. Attract a flock to your backyard and wake up to sounds of spring each morning. Tweet Tweet! Here are a couple options that range from easypeasy to skilled crafters only!
Here are the supplies you will need:
- long fabric scraps and lace; twig spheres (found at our local craft store) or pine cones (you know, Girl Scout style); peanut butter; birdseed; scissors
Step 1: String the fabric scraps and lace through the spheres (we used small scissors to help push the fabric through). Tie a knot at the end of each piece of fabric.
Step 2: Spread peanut butter all over the spheres, but try not to get it on the fabric.
Step 3: Roll the peanut butter in bird seed.
Step 4: Hang your feeder and enjoy your bird watching!
- Using your glass cutting drill bit cut two or three holes at the bottom of the bottle.
- Then, find a saucer that is bigger than the bottle bottom and, using epoxy, adhere the bottle to the saucer.
- Use baling wire, or any other easy to bend wire, wrap the top of the bottle with wire and create a hanger.
- Fill with bird feed of choice. That’s all.
- Hang in nearest tree and enjoy bird watching all summer long.