This recipe from 100 Days of Real Food is perfect for your holiday table. Healthy and delicious. What more could you ask for?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups torn kale leaves, big ribs removed and discarded
- ½ an apple, cut into thin, 1- inch pieces (I went with Honey Crisp, but Gala would be good as well)
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- Place the kale leaves into a large salad bowl and, using your hands, sort of massage the olive oil mixture into the leaves.
- Throw the apples, walnuts, and blue cheese on top of the kale and lightly toss to combine.