Turkey Day is almost here. We all like to indulge a little bit on Thanksgiving but if you are looking for something on the lighter side this Quinoa recipe from The Foodnetwork is a great take on classic Thanksgiving recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Add 1 3/4 cups water (or use low-sodium chicken broth) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the olive oil and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic to the plate, reserving the oil.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Add the pine nuts, garlic, reserved oil, parsley, raisins and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss.